Its been craziness around here again! Its nearly 7 pm and I'm still at job #1. (aka the REAL job) I have learned all over again that "the only thing constant is change." Nothing ever stays the same, unless you really hate it, and then it never goes away. But if you like it, expect it to change.
The thoughts running through my mind---
1. Red Arrow's mother is going through chemo right now. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. (and Red Arrow too!)
2. Today I am grateful for patience. Not my own patience, but the patience that other's offer me. Amazingly, the conflict that I have been going through with my co-worker (known as "not playing well together" and 'trouble in the sandbox") seems to have finally been resolved today. I truly hate confrontation, but gave in and suffered through it today. I think we have finally FINALLY found some common ground. It may have been fake and forced, but he tried to be polite and nice to me today. And the only part that matters is that he TRIED, and for that I am grateful. But most of all I am grateful for all of those around us suffering in their patience with us.
3. Only 27 days till Brussels. (and lots of fun quality time with Jason and Tara!)
4. When you are in need of a good pick-me-up the band "Me First and the Gimme Gimmes" are great.
5. Its only Wednesday 7 pm, and I have already worked 34 hours this week. Only 30 left to go.
6. I am very excited about the upcoming Voices reunion. "Voices of a New Day" is the choir/performing group I was in during high school. The choir has been around about 20 years, and we are having a reunion this year. In fact, I have created a blog just for the Voices friends- voicesofanewday.blogspot.com . I am looking forward to hanging out with the friends that I consider to be the kids that I grew up with. We've moved wards and schools when I was in high school. But the Voices kids were always there, even on into college. These are the friends that know what it was really like for us growing up. Rehearsals every Saturday at 8 a.m. Performances every week. Bruises on your ribs because they had to train 4 new guys how to "flip" a girl. And the absolute joy of singing and dancing on stage for hundreds and even thousands. Oh the memories...
7. I can't wait for the weekend so I can just veg out and watch movies and knit. After reading my schedule this week, I just realized why it is I like to veg out so much in my downtime.
Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...
Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.
Here goes nothing! The truth about my hair! The truth is I have very wavy, almost curly, thick, and hard to manage hair. I have to sp...
The following was going to run on a different website. At the last minute it was determined that it was too raw and too edgy for that s...
What does a 30 day FREE membership get you? 1,500 free ebooks 500 audiobooks All on your smartphone! Deseret Book ha...