With Christmas approaching I thought it only fair to enlighten you with my Christmas wish list. As a single "career" woman on a seriously limited income I am constantly torn between asking for the completely practical things that I need, and just can't afford, and the things that I want, but cannot justify into purchasing when there are so many things on my "needs" list.
The Practical List
1. Shoe rack. I live in an ancient tiny Arlington apartment with absolutely primitive closet space. My shoes are taking over the place and are in desperate need of their own housing now. A good example of what go get me can be found here .
2. Oil Change Gift Card. Seriously, how much more practical can a girl get? I have a car. It needs oil.
3. To put tires on my car is close to $400. That would put me in the poorhouse! Tires .
4. Pink Coat You don't want me to freeze do you?
5. Dishes. My roommate's cat has an amazing knack for breaking dishes. I used to have a full set of glasses, cups, plates, etc. Now I have plates and mason jars.
6. And in the really practical category- grocery store gift cards. If you really want to give me a gift that will last all season, give me groceries.
The Less than Practical List
2. How can I justify buying myself this bed when I need tires?
3. Grimm's Fairy Tales. Every day when I work at that store I can't mention I see this beautiful leather bound edition of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Its only $35 full price. If I don't get it for Christmas, I'm getting for myself for my birthday, in approximately 30 days.
4. And because I am a single woman, I must add the obvious last request. Him
I'm really not such a complicated person to shop for. I like insanely practical gifts. And cash. I am going to Europe in just 7 days. Cash is the best gift EVER right now.
Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...
Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.
Here goes nothing! The truth about my hair! The truth is I have very wavy, almost curly, thick, and hard to manage hair. I have to sp...
What does a 30 day FREE membership get you? 1,500 free ebooks 500 audiobooks All on your smartphone! Deseret Book ha...
The following was going to run on a different website. At the last minute it was determined that it was too raw and too edgy for that s...