Polygamists Fight to Be Seen As Part of Mainstream Society - washingtonpost.com
Let me make something clear-
1. There was nothing in this article that was newsworthy of the front page of the Washington Post.
2. It failed miserably to explain what a Mormon is, so allow me to help you there. First, a Mormon is anyone who believes in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is a book that its believers and followers consider to be a second testament (the first is the Bible) of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon was restored to the Earth by way of the translation skills of a prophet, Joseph Smith, Jr. This in turn restored the Gospel and the Lord's Church (which fell away in the years following Christ's death, causing the splitting up of His established church, and the creation of so many different factions of churches). After Joseph Smith established this new and restored church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, he was martyred. And shortly following his martyrdom, a group of fundamentalists splintered from the Church. And since then various other factions have splintered from the Church. But all of these different factions are called Mormons because they believe the Book of Mormon.
3. Not all Mormons condone or tolerate polygamy. I am Mormon, and I am LDS, a member of the original church retored by Joseph Smith, Jr. I do not condonoe or tolerate polygamy. Most Mormons do not.
4. Yes, the original Mormon Church practised polygamy over a century ago. That practice ended over 100 years ago. You cannot be a member of the LDS Church and practice polygamy.
5. There was nothing in this article so newsworthy or interesting that it deserved the front page of a nationally read newspaper. Shame on the Post for encouraging more anti-Mormon coverage.
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...
Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.
Here goes nothing! The truth about my hair! The truth is I have very wavy, almost curly, thick, and hard to manage hair. I have to sp...
The following was going to run on a different website. At the last minute it was determined that it was too raw and too edgy for that s...
I just spent 3 days in Reno visiting my sister and her family. We had a lot of fun from skate parks to shopping to nudist colonies to dinosa...