The last few days have brought a lot of unexpected developments into my sheltered little world. A few quick glimpses-
1. My quiet little world from home job suddenly wants me in NYC for a week each month. I'm very happy to do it, but it is also a huge change of pace and time expenditure for me. (Anyone want to visit me in NYC? I've got a fully paid hotel room!)
2. I have really enjoyed my first month of working with the Big Alliance organization. (They are an all adult arm of Big Brothers Big Sisters that does fundraising and service projects in the community.) In just this one short month I have been involved in planning an event (taking place this upcoming Saturday), and now will be involved in several more upcoming events. For those of my friends and readers who knew me in my old life back in DC, this is a familiar place for me. I have missed being involved in events and activities. It is nice to be able to do it for a good cause now (and not just for singles looking for dates). I have very little reason to be aware of the community around me sometimes. It is nice to have a reason to care again, and to be learning more about my community again.
3. I have set a goal to write at least 100 more pages in my book between now and Christmas. Think I will actually do it this time?
4. While in NYC last week I pitched a very out of the box and unusual marketing plan to my company. This will be a huge undertaking, and one with amazing potential and payoff. And the burden is all on me to make it happen! I'm very ready and excited to be up for the challenge. But I'll be honest with you. It is NOT easy to work from home sometimes, especially in social media, and to keep motivated and on task. Even when there is so much at stake! There are times when I miss being in a buzzing office environment with a little more accountability. I could really use that right now to get this project underway!
5. I have two major and very unusual side business projects in progress right now. Those two things alone could fill up a dozen blog posts! (and maybe some day will)
amended late Tuesday evening- And oh yeah! Sometime in the next few months I'm getting a foster kid!
So just a little craziness going on around here.
Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...
Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.
Here goes nothing! The truth about my hair! The truth is I have very wavy, almost curly, thick, and hard to manage hair. I have to sp...
The following was going to run on a different website. At the last minute it was determined that it was too raw and too edgy for that s...