what i looked like the last time i was considering graduate school
(that little girl i'm holding is my sister stephanie- she's now in college)
Here is a quick glimpse into the hurricane that is my mind these days-
- MBA in Social Entrepreneurship
- at Oxford?
- or somewhere else?
- Who are we kidding? I'll never get into Oxford! But a girl can dream!
- Job interviews!
- Job applications
- Adopting from Haiti
- Foster care
- online courses from Oxford in Globalization
- retaking 2 college classes
- Let's be honest, I'm 35. Am I going to feel over the hill going back to college?
- I'm afraid to think about the whole career vs marriage thing. Will a 35 yo LDS, American woman ever get married if she goes to England for school? What if she moves to Arkansas?
- Life is stressful enough trying to fight Arkansas and England out in my head! (And all of the other places I've applied to jobs.)
- Seriously, am I about to completely send my social life to the electric chair??
- Talk about insanity, I'm on the verge of becoming that intimidating woman I never thought was possible- published author, adoptive mother, international hobbies, high powered career. Or am I about to become the man I have always wanted to find?
- Speaking of my social life, the book launch party on Saturday night- what to wear? Do I go cute or sexy?
- I don't pull sexy off very well!
- I could mention the other place I'm going where I am hoping to run into my crush, but there's a chance he reads this. So I do I say it? Or not?
- how on earth can I pull off a great job, going back to school, and adopting all at the same time?
- adopt first? or go back to school first?
- is it possible for my dog to demand to go outside anymore today??
- I really need a better retirement plan. My winning the lottery strategy hasn't worked so far.
- Starting tomorrow I'm doing "monopoly money stock market investing"
- The Congo- yes, the Congo. I'm doing a lot of research right now on the Congo for a novel I am co-writing.
- Speaking of which, I just thought up a fun new idea for the book. I should go write it down.
- I had a phone interview today with a company that wanted 10 years experience, with minimum 5 years management, plus a BA, MBA preferable. And it paid $35K. Do you know that my first job out of college with zero experience 12 years ago paid $30K? Are these people crazy?!
- 4 incredibly talented, hard-working friends got laid off from their jobs in the past week. I don't really believe the job climate is improving!
- I miss Haiti. I just want to go back to Haiti and hold babies all day. Why can't that be my life's plan?
- You know what isn't fair? That the girl who has been boy-crazy and had all of her babies named since she was 10 years old is still single.
- I applied for 5 great, amazing, dream job opportunities this past week. Will my phone ever ring?
- I have easily 20, maybe 30, bags of donations from friends to send to Haiti. But no local charities are accepting them. Maybe it is time for me to set up my own 501(c)3 and do it myself? That would be a ton of work, but I'm for the challenge.
That's enough for one day. I have a lot to go think about.