I've been making a list of things to do in Arkansas to keep me entertained and to teach me about my new state and surroundings. If you know of anything within a 400 mile radius of me, let me know. I'm open to suggestions! My goal is to try and do one of these things each weekend.
1. Crater of Diamonds State Park- a state park where you get to dig for diamonds. And if you find one, you get to keep it! I'm saving this one for when Little comes to visit me. About 5-6 hours away.
2. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints Oklahoma City Temple (about 3 hrs away)
3. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints Memphis Temple (about 4 hrs away)
4. Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock - I've never been to a Presidential Library before. I'm very curious about it. About 3 hours away. Will definitely be combined into a bigger trip to Little Rock.
5. War Eagle Cavern- Located on a secluded site used by the Indians hundreds of years before the first European settlers came to the area. Every effort has been made to leave the caverns and ground in their natural state. And only about 45 minutes from me.
6. Eureka Springs- a quaint little town with "medicinal healing" hot springs. Its only 1-2 hours from where I live!
7. Arkansas Discovery Museum in Little Rock. Just a hands-on museum with fun exhibits.
8. Casinos- I hadn't realized there would be so many casinos around because I hadn't remembered how many Native American reservations were nearby. I live very close to the Oklahoma border, where there are tons of them. I have my eye on the Hard Rock Casino, and a few others.
9. Branson, MO- If you haven't heard of Branson before, it is almost hard to explain how a little town literally in the middle of nowhere became a tourist attraction. Fancy hotels, "wild west," headliner shows, big name restaurants, you name it. its right there in the middle of nowhere. And just a mere 2 hours away. I'll be visiting a friend up there this weekend!
Someone out there must have some other suggestions for me!! Any ideas?
Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...
Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.
Here goes nothing! The truth about my hair! The truth is I have very wavy, almost curly, thick, and hard to manage hair. I have to sp...
The following was going to run on a different website. At the last minute it was determined that it was too raw and too edgy for that s...
What does a 30 day FREE membership get you? 1,500 free ebooks 500 audiobooks All on your smartphone! Deseret Book ha...