Erin A. McBride
CAREER FOCUS: Marketing Communications
Qualifications: Ten years of experience in diverse marketing communications environments. Areas of expertise include
- Event/trade show coordination
- Social media and engagement marketing
- Project management
- Relationship management
- Viral marketing
- Content writing and production
Social Media, Engagement, and Viral Marketing
- Leveraged social media and viral syndication, including, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn, for international corporations and small companies.
- Authored creative messaging for social media. Managed content for multiple brand blogs and profiles.
- Analyzed blogs and other social site traffic, identifying trends and made improvements based on analysis findings. Experience with Google Analytics, statcounter.com, sitewise.com.
- Experience with search engine optimization, Google adwords, and Facebook ads.
- Experience developing and managing online communities.
- Drove organic growth using viral social media technologies that enabled word-of-mouth marketing.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Designed, developed, and managed departmental marketing plan.
- Created press releases and developed media messages.
- Directed departmental public relations efforts by building awareness of and strategically positioned the department brand image in a very traditionally loyal market.
- Managed resources and efforts to create, write, design and produce collateral and campaign marketing materials. Ensured all company branding criteria were complied with in public documents and partner publications. Designed marketing materials for the print handouts and web.
- Oversaw fabrication, delivery and operation of trade show exhibits, ensuring quality and cost effectiveness.
- Managed event budget for over 100 events.
- Self-employed for 4 years planning black-tie galas, private conferences, and trade show appearances.
Leadership and Organizational Development
- Managed staff of 8.
- Volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
- Conducted classroom instruction on social media marketing at local university.
Director, Social Media Strategy, CheapOair.com, New York, NY Oct 2008- Dec 2009
Director, Marketing Communications, Cobalt Communications Group, Salt Lake City, UT Feb 2008- Aug 2009
Marketing Writer, Aribex, Orem, UT May 2007- Feb 2008
Trade Show and Marketing Coordinator, Beretta, April 2004- April 2007
Special Events Planner (self-employed), Events by Erin, 2000-2004