5 quick updates
It's a little bit completely crazy and overwhelming around these parts.
1. I survived Girls Camp, and so did my girls, in spite of a heat wave last week. The heat index reached 107 deg one day. But we're all good and we all had a good time!
2. I moved! Sort of! I've packed up everything I own at the Roanoke house, and it's sitting in various garages across the state, awaiting delivery to my new home.
3. I started my new job! (just 48 hours after leaving girls camp) So far, so good. I was a little worried about getting back into the office lifestyle and routine after so many years of working from home. But it's just like riding a bicycle. As usual, I'm the coldest person in the office and shivering like I'm at the North Pole. And I'm still allergic to whatever it is they make office buildings out of, and I still sneeze a ridiculous number of times a day.
4. Through yet another "tender mercy of the Lord" I won't have to wait 6-8 weeks to get my apartment. A few days ago the complex had an unexpected opening, and I get to move in on Saturday. My furniture (what very little I have) won't arrive for at least another week. But I'll gladly trade the 70 miles each way commute from my sister's house to the office, for sleeping on an air mattress for a few nights.
5. To say I am completely exhausted would be a gross understatement.
Hey You! Check out my new novels, "You Heard It Here First" and the sequel "This Just In!"